Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm moving to Australia


Yes! I'm moving! I was super nervous today because I made today the day that I told my boss. Now, I'm super relieved and happy. I'm quitting my job end of November, followed by 2 weeks of traveling the south island of NZ with Aaron and his friend's wedding, Christmas in the Northwest and awaiting my sister's baby in Jan. Tentative move month is late Jan- early Feb. SO, *breath*

It was incredibly difficult for me to go tell my boss. I walked in and said "Can I talk to you for a bit?" which unraveled so quickly that I am sure he knew what was coming before I even said anything. Despite my ranting about work at times, my boss is truly a lovely man. He is understanding and sees the big picture. I cried in his office (so lame! but oh so true) when I told him how after my aunt's passing, I felt how short life really is. This is true although I have been thinking about the move for more than 6 months now. It's just time that Az and I enjoy our selves and cut this long distance relationship so that we get to wake up next to each other every day.

My boss stood up and gave me a hug, offered me a job for whenever I want to come back to Portland which is really sweet of him. His words are comforting and it makes me feel good that I he understands and supports my move.


So its a tonne of weight off my shoulders and it's time to start looking for jobs in Australia!



I wore these socks today, they are cute.

17 comments:

Sayo said...

That is such exciting news! (and I love that you showed us your cute socks) Good luck with your big move, Aaron is a very lucky guy :D

kadler said...

Wow, congrats on the move! I made a similar leap about a year ago (Texas to Hong Kong) and it was tough, but I'm so happy I did. So happy for you!

Eric Chan said...

Wow, that's huge! Congrats on the move, and best of luck. Hopefully we'll see you again before you move.

Unknown said...

Whoa! Good luck!

teresa said...

Huzzah! Good luck to you and Aaron. This is big stuff! The good thing about science is that it can take you basically anywhere. Hope it all works out well :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations. I just made the move back to Australia from Texas. Def worth the move... and long distance relationships are hard, even harder when theres a time difference involved.
Where abouts are you moving to? Be prepared for a hot summer

Anonymous said...

and very cute socks

blue moss said...

ohhhh.....such big news! i'm soooooo excited for you....and of course i love your cute socks.
i'm hoping that you will still be keeping us all informed about all that you are doing!
congrats girl!
michelle

Mandi said...

oh!! how fun!! congrats :D

Unknown said...

Thank you every one for the well wishes!!

@Gemma: I'm moving to Melbourne!

I'll deft blog alot more now that I'm moving to somewhere new

:)

Anonymous said...

If you love good coffee and even better food and fashion you will love melbourne. Take a good coat it gets chilly in Winter.

kerry said...

oh wow! that is so so awesome!! and amazing that you had such a supportive boss too! good luck =)

sarasophia said...

LUCKY! I have always ALWAYS wanted to live in Australia--I am so happy for you...for the nearness of your loved ones.

I just know you will be so happy.

I feel very lucky to have you for an online friend and can't wait to "travel along with you" on your adventures.

Happy Trails!<3


p.s. Your socks are the bees knees:)

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh!! That is SO exciting!! Australia??? How awesome!! Can't wait to read about it all!!! Congrats!!!

Hello Lindello said...

omg! That huge news Tiff!! Congrats! I know how much you wanted to be near your boy. Australia sounds so amazing. I'm glad (and not surprised) your boss took it so well. I'm sure your a gem at work.

Elia said...

Good for you, Tiff! So glad to hear your boss was so supportive. I totally cried when I quit my job in Illinois to move back here, so I know how that goes. :) We'll miss you in Oregon, but so happy for you!!

charinthecity said...

Congrats Tiff! Hope to see you downunder and meet up and catch up (and meet Mr Adams) soon!!