Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today, I thought about how I am going to leave my secured job to move to Australia. To start a new life, to be with Aaron.

Then I wondered why I didn't do this earlier. Why didn't I just stay in NZ to be with Aaron? I was scared. I didn't want to stay behind in NZ just to be with Aaron. That was not enough. I have always been a "me me me" person in terms of relationships. It was never a hard decision for me between relationship and school/career. I guess there was still a residue of that mentality when we first started dating. Something changed, its not enough just to have the career. In fact, now career seem so insignificant in the grand scheme of things and it is more risky to not be with Aaron. It just doesn't make sense to live apart anymore.

So under this excitement of starting a new life together, there is a silent bubbling of anxiety that is innate and a carry over souvenir from my previous relationships.

8 comments:

hellosteffi said...

you are brave! i think people should do what they want to do and now you want to move so you should! i wonder if you'll post how it goes over there... :-)

Unknown said...

oh i'll deft post and take everyone on the journey!!
thanks for the encouragement!

blue moss said...

so glad you will still be posting....
i graduated school before my hubby...then boyfriend....and took a job in the city where i had gone to school and where he was still in school...it was in the field that i wanted to be in, but there were still plenty of comments about me hanging around waiting for him...
didn't care, i had my job i loved and i was with the one i loved....
best decision ever
can't wait to here about your adventures
michelle

hellolindello said...

I cant wait to see what the future holds. I think its good to be cautious at first, too many women (girls) jump into things head over heels. You were just being smart. Your following your heart AND using your head. Not and easy! Proud of you!!

hellolindello

oh, hello friend. said...

oh i am just SO excited for you!!! :) a new city! sharing with your love, its going to be amazing! congrats friend!

xo. danni

charinthecity said...

Hey, it's going to be OK and better yet, it will be magnificent! D is leaving his job and family to be with me in NZ and I love him all the more for it... I definitely don't take that degree of commitment for granted, and I don't think Az will either. Best of luck cuz!

angsana said...

It is better this way.
Mumma is letting you go with much blessings:)

Anonymous said...

Definitely worth it! That's when you know he's the one! :-D