Thursday, December 03, 2009

Touched

I wore these earrings to work today:

sweet white scallops
(last pair for sale, these ones are my own!)


My boss is such a sweet man. I am touched at how much he cares for my science career. He pulled me aside today and we talked about how I should not limit myself in the sciences. He thinks I should do my phd. We talked about what that means for me (it's not the pressures or responsibilities I'm looking for) and his own experience in the climb to PI-dom. (PI=Owning your own lab and research team) It was very much a teacher student conversation whereby he was conveying to me all the knowledge and advice he wished he had when he was younger. He even asked me not to clear out my desk. To leave it as is. That tugged my heart. "I'll never be able to find someone to replace Tiffany." That is what he said to my new boss in Australia when they rang up to talk to him as my reference. I think there will be some tears tomorrow, its my last day at work.


Here, are some happy things though. New pieces:

4 comments:

blue moss said...

ohh...i'll be thinking about you tomorrow....
hope you have a really good last day there
take care!

Unknown said...

thanks m! i'm hoping i won't be a baby and start crying!

S said...

It's great knowing you're irreplaceable though tehehe :) will say a little prayer for you tomorrow, love <3

Hello Lindello said...

Have a great last day Tiff!
You'll be in my thoughts as well...