Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday

I didn't want to wake up today. I wanted to sleep in. I guess that's what weekends are for but have you noticed, that you eagerly wake up early on weekends to make most of that day anyways? I guess that's what Sundays are for.

Short bits:

Last night, I made stir fry of soy sauce and minced garlic marinated beef strips with slithers of spicy bean curd and broccoli. It was delicious.


Reminder to self: thrift a jar for raw sugar. That bag of sugar will plop down and make a mess one day, it must be contained!

A dutch girl from our lab is returning to Holland today, her name is Myrella. What a pretty name. Myrella. *Mer-rea-la*

There was a very attractive guy on the train the other day. He was half asian and half caucasian. He looked like an asian ben affleck. Weird because I don't think ben affleck is attractive but this guy made it work for him. He was wearing a suit.

People in Melbourne have wonderful glasses, they're all so stylish. I need to get my left lens replaced or something, for some reason it is all scratched up. The right lens is ok.

My monthly train ticket is bent and it won't go into the machine. I have to show the train people everyday which is kind of annoying. Why can't all train tickets be plastic and you add value to it? On top of that, why can't Melbourne price their tickets by distance instead of time. It is not fair to price a ticket by 2 hours, just call it a one way ticket. Also, I think Melbourne is losing a lot of money from transportation from not having barriers at train station that demands you to validate your ticket. Most of the stations you can breeze on by. Sometimes transport employees comes to the carriages to check your ticket, I have seen this only once since I've been in Melbourne.


Now to water my succulent and curl my lashes.



Happy Friday!

No comments: