Sunday, July 04, 2010

bi polar weekend

Oh boy, I should be heading off to work right now but I slept in for an extra half hour. My Saturday was so jam packed that when Sunday rolled around, I stayed in my PJs on my sofa, pretty much the entire day. I left the dishes piled up until dinner time and that actually felt pretty good.

I had a nervous/exciting skype phone call that will be revealed soon, I skyped my mum and my grandmother. It's amazing, talking on the phone really makes time go by so quickly. Before I knew it, I rushed to work for a bit of a cell check and to take care of my bacteria cultures. To think of it, I spent quite a bit of money on Saturday. I bought nail polish, yarn, threads and a few drinks when I went on the town with my high school friend Savindi. By the time I got home at 2am, I was quite determined to stay at home on Sunday.


new color
"Coney Island Cotton Candy"
-almost an alliteration

IMG_6088
new yarn for the popcorn stitch beret
p op corn stitch beret
I've decided that I need a warm hat
IMG_6075
pale petal coloured earrings

I find that crocheting a project for me, is like reading a really really good book. It's very hard for me to put down. (Which is funny because, somehow these projects never get finished!) That's not true, I did finish my couch blanket. I was totally consumed with making my beret on Sunday whilst watching LIFE IN THE UNDERGROWTH. It's a perfect Sunday.

Ok, now I'm REALLY late for work.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

what lovely things! I love the pale pinks!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the pale pink color! :)

Aroha Silhouettes said...

Popcorn stitch is cool!