Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeling imcompetent



The past few days have made me feel very incompetent. It blows. None of my experiments has worked and through a few mistakes of my own, I have delayed experiments of other people. The thing is, all my experiments reflect on my post doc and I hate letting her down. It just feels like it's one thing after another and I keep on telling myself, I'm going to have to do everything better. I'm going to have to exceed what I have put forth. So instead of saying sorry any more, I'm going to put that sentiment into action and be a better scientist. Be more cautious, be more aware and double check.

What helps though, is a loving boyfriend who has dinner ready by the time I come home late. Twists my arm into having a bowl of fruit salad and a dash of vanilla ice cream and a warm cup of tea. That helps alot and so, I vow to be a better scientist tomorrow.

Browsing through etsy also helped me to be cheerful:




click on images to be directed to source

1 comment:

mica said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time in lab - although hopefully by now it's better. Science seems to be a lot of failed experiments with a few breakthroughs thrown in right when you're tempted to give everything up. Despite the disappointments/frustration, I can't imagine doing anything else!