Sunday, September 05, 2010

This post contains a cluster of frustration.

With html and css and whatever it takes to get whatever I want on my website. I've spent the majority of my weekend, with the help of Aaron, navigating the foreign world of html and css. All of a sudden, I wanted to customize my bigcartel store so that it did not look like it fell of a production line webshop truck. Through trial and error and some amazing programs like firebug, we got a few things that I wanted:

* Creating a horizontal top navigation bar
* Integrating the blog into my shop and not having customers taken to another website.
* Contact forms instead of saying " email me here"
* Getting rid of bigcartel badges
* Getting rid of ugly hovering backgrounds and only have hovering colours on text.
* Putting images into my cart for my customers!!

It all seems very cool because what I require of bigcartel/website is very simple. Now all I have to figure out is how to move my product list up and on the left hand side so that I can have that as my product navigation. It's my last hurdle and I won't give up!



Screen shot 2010-09-05 at 8.49.45 PM

See that? Ah!! I'm sure with a bit of mucking around, it'll be up and running the way I want it to.

If you're in the midst of customizing your bigcartel shop, here is an essential entry by Natalie Jost that tells you step by step how to carry out a few important html features that will make your big cartel shop more professional!

No comments: