Sunday, December 09, 2012

Hello and lately

Sorry for the absence!
We have moved into our new house and it has just completely consumed us, plus we were without internet for the better of the month. 
It's been quite a month. I've learnt that things can't always go my way or if they do, not when I want it to. So I have learned that it takes time or as my step dad says, ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!
All the impending projects will just have to stay that way, impending. I have to learn to spend one day on the house and another day on ourselves. If not for our own sake, for our wallets!

It now takes us 1.2 hours to get to work, one way. We are 35km out of the city and the commute time takes a while but I use this time for reading, chatting with my mum online and now that I have internet at home, downloading podcasts!

That is pretty much the only con. This con turns into a pro on the weekend because we're away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I like our slow mornings where we can open up our sliding doors and just listen to silence with the cool breeze coming in. No trams or car sounds!

Did I mention on our first morning in the house, as I was sitting up in bed, I saw a kangaroo hippity hoppity down our street. It was amazing. Then I saw a few dead kangaroos on the sides of the street, not so amazing.


Anyways, here are some photos:

Our dining table, made by a local carpenter out of old victorian house beams.



Our family room with new sofa set and old coffee table (being replaced with a square one for the corner)

Admist cleaning and cooking, our kitchen

It's the room we spend the most time in!

Plants and booze.

We went to the Childrens Farmers market this weekend and bought some cute french radishes.

Which got turned into a simple salad.

Broad beans and leeks that will become tonight's pasta.

Got "What Katie Ate" for ourselves.


A little something for a friend spending her Christmas by herself in the UK.


It's great to be back!

1 comment:

thisgoodhearth said...

Everything looks so good in your space. You may be the only one who has a dish from Polish Pottery in Oz!