Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Post Malaysia week

The week I came back from my holidays consisted of grass fire that was encroaching ever so close to our neighborhood, flash flooding that flooded our garage (again) and a gas leak at work that trapped me in the hospital for a few hours. Naturally, when it came to the weekend, I wasn't all too excited for whatever dramas awaited me! I was just hoping for a nice relaxing weekend at home with the man.

We got quite a bit done on Saturday, digging wise, thanks to the flash flood that made all the clay ever so soft. 

Sally had her 30th birthday party and her theme was MadMen.
I have forgotten how fun it was to dress up. There were false eye lashes and bump it style hair doohickies.
I had a lot of fun youtubing 1950-1960s hairstyles and then tried my hand at it:

There was alot of teasing, combing, re-teasing and lots and lots of hairspray.

To look like this. I don't know how the ladies did it back then.
Oh and because I didn't have a red lipstick, I went out and bought Maybeline's Fatal Red from the supermarket. I've got to say, it's pretty good! It stayed on ALLL NIGHT and it was moisturising.
The pearls were from grandma.

Maya, Sally and I.
Sally is the birthday gal.


Sunday was hot.
And unexpected.
Aaron surprised me with something I thought was still a year away....









And I said, Yes.





5 comments:

charinthecity said...

Hey pretty lady, give us the details! I want the details! Please!

Megan said...

Delurking to say--congratulations!! I've been reading your blog for a while, but have never commented. You have lovely taste and make gorgeous stuff--and I'm a former Portlander myself! Congrats on the engagement!
--Megan

thisgoodhearth.blogspot.com said...

At Last!! Ze Ring!
So very happy for you, my dear!
You did real good with the Mad Men era makeup, especially those eyebrows! Gee, did you did it yourself?
hehe

Unknown said...

@Megan: Thanks for your congratulations and for reading my blog. It has become quite a different blog since I stopped actively making jewelry but it's just a nice place to share pretty things.

*Trisha* said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! The Emerald cut is beautiful!!