Now that all the major wedding people that has been secured ( celebrant, photographer, venue etc), it's time to move into phase two of wedding planning: DIY.
The wedding is six months away so it's the perfect time to get all the DIY stuff done: Seating chart, name placards, learning how to make hair accessories, table floral arrangements and of course, wedding favors. Since a lot of our guests are coming from overseas, we wanted to have light and practical favors: Tote bags, block printed.
For the past month or so, I've been testing out batches of ink and paint, practising stamping and getting really frustrated about how uneven the images look. The bigger surface area stamps are the worse at getting even coverage but as I've experimented more and more, I've found the right mix of retardant and ink and the WAY to roll onto my stamps that eliminated most of my problem. As you can see in the images below, natural block printing is SUPPOSED to have SOME uneven distribution to it. It's the collective image that makes it striking, not the individual stamp.
So I've learnt to embrace it.
I highly recommend taking this inexpensive hobby up! I will make a tutorial one of these days.