Friday, March 12, 2010

Fit for a Bishop!





This weekend, I'm staying at home... except for Market vege and fruit shopping and picking a few things up for Muntedkowhai. Oh and yes, I thrifted two things. I went to the post office to pick up a parcel, to my delight, the vintage maps of Oregon and New Zealand arrived!

I will have to get a frame for each.

A lovely plate, even if chipped is now mine.
The "Fir for a Bishop" book first attracted me on account of its cover but upon reading a few pages, it has peaked my interest. It is a 1950s cookbook, narrated by Stephen Lister who adds an air of high nosed comedy to european recipes.
food+comedy= very good.


2 comments:

this good hearth said...

That's interesting about the cookbook. I also have recently become interested in cookbooks of the past!

Les said...

Hey, try this: do a Google search for "fit for a bishop"

LOL!