Sunday, June 26, 2011

3 weeks ago, my co worker asked me if I would be interested in taking a yoga class with her. Just once a week, to try it out. I agreed. I had been meaning to put some exercise back into my busy days. I've never tried yoga before and my previous thoughts of yoga was, it was too gentle, not too much of a vigorous exercise. It's just a peace meditating type of calm exercise. Well, I was right in my thinking for the first class. Then the second and third class came, it became more enjoyable. The wonderful teacher, corrected our stances and it became challenging! At the first class, he spoke of body warming up, navel turning right and left and all these jargons that I had nothing to grap onto. I pretty much thought it hoccus poccus. No, I can't feel my back extending. What do you mean. Now, however, by the end of the third class, I was invigorated. I've been doing yoga at home maybe 3 times a week on top of the classes on Wednesday. I'm really into it now.

If you thought like that about yoga, you should really give it a try. It would amaze you to think what a good posture is really like. What we perceive a good posture to be is actually quite stressful for our spine. We have 3 more classes to go and we're going to get his dvd so that we can practise at home. How wonderful! To exercise without going "somewhere" but just in the privacy of your own home.

And because I don't own a decent sports bra, I headed out to find a proper one. I had heard of LULULEMON before when I was visiting in Vancouver BC but never had much interest in buying overpriced sportswear. Everyone said, you have to get a pair of their yoga pants, they make your ass look like a demi god. So taking that advice, I went to the lulu lemon here on Chapel St and since it's end of financial year sale, I bought a pair of pants(wunder pants), two bras (Flow y bra) and one padded tank(power y tank).

Amazing.







Yesterday, we went to THE ART OF THE BRICK. A pretty amazing exhibition of Nathan Sawaya's art work using Lego as his medium. A lawyer turned artist, Nathan constructs his sculptures, mostly on the theme of metamorphosis with lego and glue. There are some pretty amazing pieces.









nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
nathan sawaya
My favourite one is the 4 colourful skulls.

1 comment:

thisgoodhearth@blogspot.com said...

I like exercising at home.