Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My first knitting project





When I found out that my sister was pregnant, all those months ago, I wanted to make something for the baby. I was getting tired of crochet and I've always admired how intricate knitting was, so I decided to make a jumper as my first knitting project. I thought it was a bit ambitious as I've never knitted before and there were weeks where I just left it and came back but overall, I'd say it was relatively easy! I wanted to make this jumper from Purlbee:

I omitted the cable patterns because after a few initial tries, I gave up.
I'm sure I can get a hang of it now but Mia is getting this jumper, whether she likes it or not:




purple buttons
jumper for my niece, mia
back of jumper

Can you imagine this little miss in it when she's a few months older?



2 comments:

Teresa said...

So cute! The baby and the jumper!

Unknown said...

she would look so cute in that color!