Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Around here

Things around here has been hectic. Life is just passing us by. It is crazy.
Aaron has one more month until he is off to New Zealand for the next 5 months. (He has two more classes to complete at Otago)
So between work, housework and social outings, we've got very little days to just relax.

With Aaron gone for the next few months, I'll concentrate more on Muntedkowhai and other craft projects. (Ahem, roman blinds for the rest of the house?)



The Christmas cactus does put on quite a show:

 The Camelia is just gorgeous, even in half bloom.
 I got my leather handbag in the mail the other day! I got it from TheLeatherShop at Etsy.
The pool of talented people who are crafting out there, never ceases to amaze me.


 I had today off, so I made what Aaron wanted for tea: Lamb and rosemary pie. Even made the shortcrust pastry.

 A dear friend is with child, small knitting projects are the best.

After coming back from Seremban, I've wanted to buy an Orchid Cactus. I found one this weekend. Can't wait for it to flower.

On Pinterest:


 Amazing knit pattern 
How amazing is this cute green house? It sure beats the eyesore I have out in the backyard right now!
Unfortunately, it is in Swedish and I can't seem to find a link to "purchase".


 Amazing watercolour.


What a neat idea!
Would make a cute table setting.



5 comments:

teresa said...

Will's moving to the UK in three weeks, while I stay and finish my PhD. Probably won't be seeing him until February, so we're in the same boat!

thisgoodhearth said...

It's amazing how time just frees up alot when the other is away. No schedules except that of going to work, eat when you like ad things GET done.
Work is what will keep you busy and make the time flies by, you'll see.
Lovely pics!!

charinthecity said...

Ooooh, lovely bag! Enjoy your time together, the time apart should go by quickly. I really enjoy my nana nights when I'm knitting, watching girly soppy things on the computer and having my own schedule.

Unknown said...

WHOOH! Your yolks are so orange!

Unknown said...

hey val, yeah i know right! i find the free range organic eggs in australia very different in colour than in usa.
Teresa, what an incentive to write up!
Booo to long distance!