Friday, October 31, 2008

Fin De Semana!

Rejoice! Two whole days of crafting!! (That is, if I don't have a huge hang over from tonight's Halloween party.) I'm even considering not drinking that much so I could have a sick free weekend! Boy, I'm getting old. I do, however have to come up with a costume and since I'm a tight wad, I'm going to do things the old fashion way: free and other man's trash.

That's right. Everyone knows that science labs are homes to treasure troves of insanely sturdy and new cardboard boxes from all those vials that we order and biotech companies package them into boxes 5000x their size. This I kid you not. Along with free great boxes, I have colourful tapes to use and discarded plastic sheets and boxes that the science world does not recycle. (At least not in our lab anyways) So before 10pm tonight, I have to come up with something scary that can be made from the above ingredients. Get that brain a churning!


This weekend, I want to, gulp, make a purchase. Not cords or buttons or anything for Muntedkowhai but for me, ME!! As you know, I must have done something horrible in my past life to not be able to find any decent jeans in this lifetime. I hate hate wearing jeans but love the idea of wearing them. It just seems so impossible. Everywhere I look online, I see jeans that is covalently bonded to the models arse or at stores I'd see jeans that are so unflattering, I might as well wear diapers. So wheres the inbetween? Can't a girl get some non tight, non inhale and button type of jeans? Can't there be a somewhat loose fitted jeans that also makes you look sexy?!

J.crew! Their pants always fit me really well but I have never tried on their jeans. This weekend, I'm going to go into a Jcrew store and try me on some denim.


Muntedkowhai:

Around 2 nights ago, Dana contacted me through Etsy. She's in Hong Kong but grew up in Scotland(what an interesting demograph!) and wanted to ask if I could custom make a piece for her using her grandmothers jade. She even sent me close up photos of the jade and I was so excited to get this challenge!
Dana wanted to use this piece in my store as a base:
Without the button and with her jade in the middle, somehow. It was hard to propose a logistic way of tackling it online and I understood how weary one would be to send an heirloom to a complete stranger! However, after a few conversation exchanges, I think we're both comfortable with the idea and the jade is now in the mail on it's way to Portland, Oregon. Dana sounds like a really neat gal! It's amazing how people can find you and I'm glad she did because I think this project will be quite interesting. Eastern jade meets Venetian lace patterns! Awesome!


Next Thursday, I'll be off to Vegas to meet up with Anna and possibly the world's greatest mormon, Adam. I have realised that the people I love alot has names starting with A: Aaron, Anna, ok well maybe not. That's it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new blog Tiff. Hope the sales keep barging in. Will email you about what I think my friends will like for christmas. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Cheers for the comment. Alpaca forever!

I love your crochet necklaces! They're so delicate and gorgeous.

ELM said...

I love your necklaces too! Never seen anything quite like them! I would like to feature them on my blog!